| Submit Press Release
| Submit Website
(Hosting-NewsWire.com, June 12, 2012 ) San Diego, California -- ESET, the leader in proactive protection against cyber-threats, has joined forces with Google Play to offer Mobile Security for Android.
Submit press release on hosting
Ever increasing numbers are connecting to the internet using smartphones and tablets, and, according to global analysis firm Gartner, over half of smartphones sold in the last three months of last year run Android. These portable devices store not only sensitive personal data, but also confidential business information – similar to that stored on desktop workstations.
According to the Online Security Brand Tracker (OSBT) *, 16% of surveyed users reported loss of personal data following security breaches. But with ESET Mobile Security for Android, smartphones and tablet devices – and data – are safe.
“There is definitely a significant growth of Android threats that we are detecting at ESET malware research centres around the world,” says ESET Security Intelligence Team Leader, Robert Lipovsky.
“The new ESET product not only protects you against malware with its unique, behaviour-based detection, but offers protection for your data in case of device theft or loss.”
And thanks to Google Play, users have the ability to purchase ESET Mobile Security at their fingertips.
ESET Mobile Security for Android: Key Features and Benefits**
• Unique behaviour-based detection – warns of all suspicious activity against your phone.
• Anti-theft security system ̶ multiple layers of security allow users to maintain perfect control over phone-stored data in the event of the device being lost or stolen with GPS Localization, Remote Lock, and Remote Wipe. In case of an unauthorized SIM card insertion, the user is automatically notified by a text message sent to an alternate phone number (GSM-based phones).
• SMS/MMS anti-spam ̶ allows the user to define trustworthy contacts via customizable black or whitelist – or to simply block messages from unknown numbers.
• Call blocking ̶ blocks unwanted calls in both directions. This is a powerful tool, especially suitable for parents to keep their children’s phone bills in check.
• Trusted friend – a contact or a telephone number that can receive an alert SMS if an unknown SIM card is inserted into the phone. Trusted friend is able to reset the user’s forgotten password if needed.
• Security audit with built-in task manager – provides information about all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth, and device visibility.
• Fresh, new user interface ̶ tailor-made graphics and layout for enhanced Android experience. Integrated with Google Play market.
• Uninstall protection ̶ secures the smartphone or tablet against unauthorized un-installation of ESET Mobile Security.
For more information on ESET Mobile Security, please visit http://www.eset.com/home/products/mobile-security
* Online Security Brand Tracker wave 6 is a global research project measuring brand performance of leading security software products in the home user segment. The survey is representative of 1.8 billion internet users across six continents.
Its objective is to gain knowledge of the current situation and trends on key markets; obtain market information and interpretations to manage sales and marketing activities of ESET, as well as technological development of its products.
The number of selected countries was 49; field work was carried out by InSites Consulting (Belgium) on online panels of respondents, with analysis conducted by United Consultants (Slovakia) throughout October– November 2011).
**ESET Mobile Security for Android is available in selected markets only and on Google Play. For additional information, please visit the local ESET website. Some features are not available for tablets which do not support calling and messaging.
ESET, the pioneer of proactive protection and the maker of the award-winning NOD32 technology which is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2012, is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. The Company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET has been selected as one of the most innovative companies in Europe for the 2011 HSBC European Business Awards and holds number of accolades from AV-Comparatives, AV Test and other organizations. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cyber Security for Mac are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), regional distribution centres in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore; and offices in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Prague (Czech Republic).
ESET has malware research centres in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Cracow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network across 180 countries.
(866) - 343 - 3738
| Submit your hosting website